Junior Volunteering Toolkit
The Junior Volunteering programme developed at Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, is designed to provide a ‘triple benefit’: to individuals, communities, and patients, families and staff.
1) Setting up Junior Volunteering
- What is Junior Volunteering?
- Project checklist
- Terms of reference
- Guidance on working with young volunteers
- General risk assessment
2) Team use
- Event schedule
- Follow-up visit template
- Presentation on Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Thank you email templates
- Training slides
3) To go to schools
- Booking information form
- Code of conduct form
- Group leader responsibilities
- Permission form – attending adult
- Permission form – young person
4) Items to be printed
- Completion certificate
- Feedback form – adults
- Feedback form – young people
- Personal reflection sheet
- Sample name labels
- Social action planning sheet
- Non-clinical photo consent form
Return to youth volunteering in hospitals page.
IVAR is the ‘learning partner’ for the Pears Foundation’s #iwill Match Fund, which supports the growth of inclusive, high-quality youth social action opportunities through 30 NHS Trusts and their respective charities.