The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust
Collaborative, credible and catalytic?
The purpose of this report is to share The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust’s experience of working over a relatively short time frame to achieve strategic focus and deliver impact at scale, and to identify learning that may be of value to other independent funders, both in the UK and further afield. These are the five areas of learning that we drew out:
- Developing a strategic focus: Learning for foundations interested in framing their work around a tightly defined goal.
- Values and attributes: Learning for foundations interested in thinking about how to frame their ways of working to meet the demands of a strategy delivered in close collaboration with others.
- A partnership approach: Learning for foundations interested in developing effective, trust-based partnerships with grantees.
- Risk and innovation: Learning for foundations considering their risk appetite and their approach to innovation.
- Advocacy approach: Learning for foundations interested in making best use of their potential to support effective advocacy for change.